LDG Electronics YT-100 AUTO TUNER
The LDG YT-100 provides semi-automatic antenna tuning across the entire HF spectrum plus 6 meters, at power levels up to 125 watts. It will tune dipoles, verticals, Yagis, or virtually any coax-fed antenna. It will match an amazing range of antennas and impedances, far greater than some other tuners you may have considered, including the built-in tuners on many radios.
The LDG YT-100 is similar to previous LDG tuners, but is specially engineered to integrate with your Yaesu FT-100/857/897 HF radio. The YT-100 connects to the CAT (Computer Automated Transceiver) port on the back of the radio. The CAT interface allows an external device such as a PC or the LDG YT-100 to control the FT-100/857/897 by sending it serial commands. The LDG YT-100 takes advantage of this interface to simplify the tuning process -- one button push is all that is needed in order to switch the radio to AM mode, reduce power, transmit a carrier, measure the transmit frequency, and then restore the radio to its previous mode and power level!
The LDG YT-100 is powered by the transceiver’s CAT interface itself, so there is no additional power cable required to use the LDG YT-100. Latching relays are used, so the LDG YT-100 consumes no power when not tuning.Specifications:
- 0.1 to 125 watts SSB and CW peak power, 100W on digital modes and 6 meters.
- Latching relays for ultra low power operation.
- 2,000 memories for instantaneous frequency and band changing.
- Powered from the radio -- no extra power supply to hook up.
- Designed specifically for the Yaesu FT-100/FT-100D/FT-857/FT-857D/FT-897/FT-897D HF transceivers.
- Pass-thru CAT port allows YT-100 to control the radio over the CAT bus while still allowing a host PC to also control the radio. 4800 Baud.
- Pass-thru CAT port waits for idle CAT activity before controlling the transceiver.
- 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Frequency for memory storage is read from the radio via CAT.
- Tunes 4 to 800 ohm loads (16 to 150 on 6M), 16 to 3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
- For Dipoles, Verticals, Vees, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
- Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas.
- Dimensions: 8.0”L x 7.6”W x 1.8”H.
- Weight: 1.5 pounds.